vrijdag 9 november 2007

Friday the 13th of July

I had some luck last week;
I found a copy of Surya Das' book
called Awakening the Buddhist Heart.
It was among cheap romantic novels.
I had tried to read his book
Awakening the Buddha Within,
but I never finished it.
I wonder if he is enlightened at all;
I wonder if there is truth at all.
Well, at least there is light;
that's for sure and all we need.
Perhaps it depends on what you mean
by the word and whether anyone
can live by his own words and ideas.
Man shall not live by bread alone
but by every word from God's mouth.
But how preposterous to say
that anyone can know God's word.
Never mind, it's just an idea.
Whether by oracle or by prophecy,
no one can be sure if it is true.
I mean that we have fallen short
of the glory of God, whoever he is.
Saint or sinner, everyone is his child;
I don't care what Jesus or Paul said.
But so much for all that, Carnalito.
I saw this film again Blood in, Blood out;
It was bloody gory and full of shit.
But I love the Latin accent;
it was kinda pretty and funny.
I saw a comedy too of three presidents
and they are funny as well, pussy.
Just trying to be funny, I'm sorry.
Well, I'm just a human being
and so are presidents and you.
I found some little trees growing
out of my garden tiles and well,
I made some bonsai out of them,
and hoped they'd live long enough.
I rescued some old wooden chairs
from the incinerator; I love company.
I took a good bath and recycled the water;
I used the bluish fluid to flush de WC.
I tried the cheapest brand of everything,
trying to economize; I guess I'm cheap.
I had told a friend it's better
to live like a miser in a castle;
at least you won't die from the cold.
We eat too much and buy too many
things we don't really need.
So what else did I do today?