woensdag 3 september 2008

Jabber

I enjoy going to places.
There are many nice people,
lots of lovely trees,
pretty flowers to see;
they love to welcome you.
Often people would argue
about certain things,
hurl insults at each other,
and sometimes mud as well,
oblivious of you or me,
laughing out loud
as soon as they leave.
They have to be told
just to forget about it.
I don't like listening
to people talk like this;
it's as boring or as painful
as listening to two people
complain about this or that.
You don't hear yourself
if you listen too much.
Honestly I don't let people
tell me what to think.
Yet there's a lot to learn
from conversations like these.
Perhaps I'll write a poem
just to prove to myself
I could write one anytime
if I really wanted to.
That would be fine
and fun as well, sort of.
Now I'll go on vacation
enjoy myself somewhere
and live my dreams too.
After all it isn't everyday
that you have them.
Well, I'll see you...